Amy Yanik Meisel, Principal
Legal Assistant: Sandy Denker
Amy Yanik Meisel joined M. Sue Wilson Law Offices, P.A. as an associate in 2001, and was named a principal in the firm in September 2005. She has practiced family law exclusively for over 11 years representing clients in a wide variety of family law cases, including complex marital estates, spousal maintenance, and custody and parenting time issues. Additionally, Amy has participated in a significant number of appellate cases.
Ms. Meisel works with clients in mediation and other forms of dispute resolution venues to attempt settlement of all issues. She resorts to litigation in a case if the parties cannot reach an amicable resolution of their outstanding issues. As a result, Ms. Meisel has substantial experience in both mediating and litigating complex marital dissolution issues.
Ms. Meisel is a member of the Hennepin Country Bar Association and the Minnesota State Bar Association. She was a member of the Ramsey County Court Appointed Attorney Panel, where she represented indigent clients in need of family law services on a pro bono basis from 2002-2003. In 2004, she was named a Rising Star by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine.
Ms. Meisel earned her J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law in 2000, where she was a member of the prestigious Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court. She earned her undergraduate degree in International Relations, graduating cum laude from the University of St. Thomas in 1997.
Ms. Meisel currently resides in Mound with her husband and three children.
- Appellate Practice
- Child Support
- Complex Marital Estates
- Family Law
- Property Valuations
- Spousal Maintenance
- State of Minnesota, 2000
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2000, J.D.
Honors: Member of Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1997, B.A. in International Relations
Honors: Cum Laude
Professional Memberships/Academic Honors:
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
Other Professional Experience:
- Ramsey County Court Appointed Attorney Panel representing indigent clients in need of family law services on a pro-bono basis from 2000-2003
- Daniel R. Butler & Assoc, P.A., Associate 2000-2001
- Minnesota's New Child Support Law Continuing Legal Education, Faculty, October 2005